Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yoga for your horse

14-year-old Little Scarlett, who is a perfect candidate for alternative spinal therapies such as equine yoga, massage, acupuncture, acupressure, or chiropractic care.






We recently acquired a darling little 14-year-old mare with four, flashy white socks--and a bad attitude. Every time I even walk toward this horse with a saddle, her ears go back. Putting the saddle on, getting OFF her back, and then taking the saddle off are all exercises in risk.



After eliminating the possibility of poor saddle fit, I began probing deeper. In the interest of doing the best by my four-legged friends, I have finally decided to take the same approach I take with my own body. And that means alternative therpy options.



The good news for me is that I found a nationally known holistic horse therapist right in my own back yard. I will let you all know how that appointment goes (it's tomorrow!). But until that time, here is a great YouTube video, created by equine therapist April Battles.



This comes to you FREE courtesy of the YouTube Channel of Holistic Horse Works, located in Greenwood, CA.



If you have been considering equine chiropractic, equine acupuncture or acupressure, equine massage, or some other form of equine alternative therapy--or if you simply want your horse to be as comfortable as possible--please take the time to click here and catch this great little video, giving you a sage addition to your pre-riding program.



Also, check out more about holistic horse practitioner, April Battles, at her website, Holistic Horse Works. There you will find a lot more information about alternative equine therapies, as well as the latest info on how to keep your horse's spine healthy--and your horse happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment